Our online data protection training for staff course will equip you with key information to ensure that you are taking the right steps to protect personal information.
Get In Touch
Got a question? Get in touch for a free quote and 15 minute consultation
What modules are offered in the data protection training?
The training is presented over 8 separate modules, covering key aspects of the Regulations. The modules are:
- Module 1: Benefits of Good Data Safety
This module starts with an overview highlighting the benefits of good data safety. Since the course is about data protection, a definition of “data” is provided and how it relates to personal verses sensitive information. A brief introduction to the data protection act is provided, although this is covered in greater detail in module 3.
- Module 2: Rights and Conditions Under the Data Protection Act
This module looks at the 7 rights that individuals have regarding data held on them:
- the rights of individuals to have access to data held about them;
- the right to prevent data processing likely to cause distress or damage to the individual concerned or to another person;
- the right to prevent data processing for the purposes of direct marketing;
- the rights in relation to automatic decision making;
- the right to take action for compensation if anyone suffers damage by contravention of the act by the data controller;
- the right to apply to the courts to enforce rectifying, blocking, erasing or destroying inaccurate data;
- the right to make a request to the information commissioner for an assessment to be made as to whether any provision of the act has been contravened.
- Module 3: The Data Protection Act
This module is all about the key requirements of the data protection act. No jargon or detailed legislative terminology, just practical useful information of what is required and how to ensure compliance.
- Module 4: Data Sharing and Security
The module covers the key requirements related to data sharing and security of that data. Factors to consider related to data sharing is also included. A methodology is used to explain security risks of data under:Physical, Personnel (including management), Organisational Security and Technological. Knowing what these risks are, appropriate action can be taken to mitigate these risks.
- Module 5: Creating a Data Protection Policy
The module provides several reasons why organisations should have a data protection policy and the key features that should be contained within the policy.
- Module 6: Putting it into Practice
This module goes through a case study and applies the knowledge gained from modules 1-5 to demonstrate what needs to be done to be complaint with the data protection act.
- Module 7: Handling Requests for Personal Data
This module is to help small and medium sized organisations that receive requests for information covered by the data protection act.
- Module 8: Introduction to GDPR
This final module provides an introduction to the key requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) based on what was known prior to the Regs becoming law in May 2018.
How much does the data protection training cost?
The data protection training costs £35 per person/license and can be ordered from here.
If you need to provide this training to more than 25 employees, then the following discounts will apply:
5% discount for orders of 25+ courses
7.5% discount for orders of 50+ courses
10% discount for all orders over 100 courses
Give us a call if you want to make use of any of these discounts.
Not ready to purchase! no problem, you can try the first module of this and any of our courses for free by registering here.