Our Level 3 Food Safety and Hygiene Course for Supervisors is what you will need to demonstrate that you have the knowledge and skills to create and manage a food safety management system and train staff who handle and prepare food.
Get In Touch
Got a question? Get in touch for a free quote and 15 minute consultation
Who is this Course Aimed at?
- Supervisors and Line Managers working in the food industry
- Business Owners who are responsible for staff working in their premises where they are expected to work to prescribed food safety standards
Please note: If you have completed our Level 2 food hygiene and safety course and our Introduction to HACCP Level 2 course and you now have responsibility for managing a food safety management system this is the next logical progression to your learning.
What Modules are Offered in Our Level 3 Food Safety Course?
The training is presented over 16 separate modules, covering key aspects of food safety management. The modules are:
- Module 1: Introduction to Food Safety
This module gives a brief overview of what will be covered in the training. Specific topic areas covered include:
- Introductions and Definitions
- Development of Food Safety
- High-risk Foods
- Raw Foods
- Low Risk Foods
- Food Safety Management System
- Benefits of Good Food Safety Practices
- Module 2: Food Poisoning, Spoilage & Preservation
This module covers the following specific areas:
- Food Poisoning
- Prevention of Food Poisoning
- Food Spoilage
- Food Preservation
- Foodborne Disease.
- Module 3: Microbiology
This module provides a general understanding of the characteristics of microorganism affecting the food industry and what they need to multiply and survive. It also covers how microorganisms can be controlled. Specific areas covered include:
- Basic Bacteriology
- Basic Needs
- Delivery and Storage
- Environmental Needs
- Module 4: Microbiological Hazards & Controls
The module looks at microbiological food hazards and how they can be controlled. Specific topic areas include:
- Microbiological Hazards
- Sources, Vehicles & Routes
- How to Monitor Food
- Module 5: Chemical Hazards, Controls & Prevention
The module looks at chemical hazards and how they can be controlled.
- Module 6: Allergen Hazards & Controls
This module covers allergens and how to prevent cross contamination. Specific topic areas include:
- Introduction to Allergens
- Food Allergens
- Symptoms and Treatments
- Additional Information
- Allergenic Control Measures
- Module 7: Physical Hazards & Controls
This module reveals how physical hazards can contaminate food and how they can be controlled. Specific topic areas include:
- Physical Hazards in Food
- Generic Control Methods in Factories
- Preventing Common Physical Hazards
- Module 8: Personal Hygiene
This module reveals why having a high standard of personal hygiene will reduce the risk of food contamination and foodborne illness. Specific topic areas include:
- Personal Hygiene
- Transferring Pathogens
- Protective Clothing
- Pathogenic Organisms and High-risk Food
- Food Handlers: Fitness to Work
- Module 9: Design and Use of Food Premises and Equipment
This module covers the design and use of food equipment and premises and the importance of maintaining high standards of food safety. Specific topic areas include:
- Business Plan
- Defined Accommodation
- Food Equipment
- Module 10: Cleaning & Disinfection
This module is all about the principles and procedures that are required to ensure that effective cleaning and disinfection takes place to reduce the risk of contamination with food premises. Specific topic areas include:
- Hazards Associated With Cleaning
- Cleaning and Disinfecting Food-Contact Surfaces
- Washing Crockery and Utensils
- Cleaning Schedule
- Supervisors Responsibilities
- Evaluation of a Cleaning Programme
- Module 11: Pests & Pest Management
This module provides an understanding of the hazards associated with food pests and effective ways of pest management. Specific topic areas include:
- Why Pest Need to Be Controlled
- Birds, Cats and Dogs
- Role of the Supervisor in Pest Management
- Staff Responsibility
- Module 12: HACCP & FSMS
This module reveals how HACCP can be implemented. Throughout the module the 7 principles of HACCP which were highlighted briefly in module 1 is discussed in greater detail. All the processes covered in the module have downloadable charts, forms, checklists, etc as examples of implementing a HACCP programme.
- Module 13: Implementation of HACCP
This module will will at how HACCP is implemented in the workplace. Specific areas covered include:
- General Modular Charts
- Hazard Assessment Documents
- Module 14: 7 Principles of Hazard Control
This module reveals the 7 principles of hazard control. Specific areas covered include:
- Principles 1-4
- Principle 5
- Principle 6
- Principle 7
- HACCP Records
- HACCP Plan
- Module 15: Food Safety Legislation & Enforcement
This module covers the main food safety legislation that governs the safety of food, and the enforcement powers of officers appointed to regulate food premises. Specific areas covered include:
- Food Safety Legislation
- Temperature Control
- Due Diligence
- Labelling Regulations
- Module 16: Final Test
This final module requires candidates to answer 45 questions covering all aspects of the course. Candidates will be required to achieve a score of 70% to pass. Answers will be stored automatically. There is no time limit and candidates can work at their own pace.
What Will You Get Once You’ve Completed the Course?
Once you have completed the course you will be able to print off your Supervisor Safety Level 3 training certificate which demonstrates that you have reached the required standard to supervise and train staff to handle food safely and hygienically. The certificate is embossed with the RoSPA & CPD logo. A copy of an example certificate can be seen here.
How much is this Training Course?
The cost is £125 per person/licence and can be ordered directly from here.
If you need to provide this training to more than 25 employees, then the following discounts will apply:
5% discount for orders of 25+ courses
7.5% discount for orders of 50+ courses
10% discount for all orders over 100 courses
Give us a call (07875 53 5558) or contact us if you want to make use of any of these discounts.
Not ready to purchase! no problem, you can try the first module of this course for free by registering here.