Our Level 1 Health and Safety in a Construction Environment online accredited exam is approved by eta Awards and is the first step in applying for a CSCS Green Card.
You have successfully completed our level 1 health and safety in a construction environment course and you are now ready to complete the accredited online invigilated exam. If you have not yet taken this course go here for further details about enrolling on this course. You will need to have completed this course before you can book to take the exam.
Get In Touch
Got a question? Get in touch for a free quote and 15 minute consultation
How to get a CSCS Green Card? (Step 1)
- Whilst the Level 1 health and safety in a construction environment course provides you with a qualification in its own right, it will also form part of your CSCS Green Card application. When you pass this online course, you will be awarded a certificate showing that you have completed the learning portion of your qualification. The next step is to complete your accredited exam.
- Once you purchase this course (see purchasing info below) and access it, you will be required to complete the attached form which will ask you when you would like to take the exam.
- This will need to be at least 72 hours after submitting the form.
- You will need a webcam to complete the online exam and instructions on how to activate it will be sent to you once your exam is booked in.
- Once you have passed the accredited exam we will get in touch and send you your certificate. This certificate is key for the next step towards applying for your CSCS Green Card
- More specific information can be found here
How to get a CSCS Green Card? (Step 2)
- The next step in the application process for your CSCS Green Card is to book a Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) health, safety and environment (SH&E) touch screen test and arrange to visit an allocated test centre.
- This is a requirement in order to get your CSCS Green Card and is organised through CITB and not through Howlett Health & Safety Services
- You will need to take your accredited certificate along as proof that you have passed this online element of the training. (See Step 1)
- Once you have passed the CITB test (a test certificate will be provided), you will now have everything required to apply for your CSCS Green Card. (See Step 3)
- The cost for this test is £21
- All the information required to book and pay for this test can be found here
How to get a CSCS Green Card? (Step 3)
- This is the final step in the application process
- Please note that due to COVID-19 CSCS recommends that the quickest way to apply for your CSCS Green Card is to apply online. The latest information from CSCS can be found here
- There is an application fee of £36
Note: During this final stage ensure that you have:
- A copy of your qualification certificate
- Test ID number from your CITB SH&E test. This can be found at the top of your pass certificate
How much is the accredited online invigilated exam?
The exam costs £75 per person/licence and can only be ordered by contacting us as we need to setup your user account
Give us a call on (07875 53 5558) or contact us when you are ready to book your exam.
If you purchase both elements at the same time you will receive a 10% discount.
Recap of costs and steps required
- Completion of Level 1 Health and Safety in a Construction Environment Course – £75 (Provided by Howlett Health & Safety Services)
- Completion of Accredited Online Invigilated Exam – £75 (10% discount) if both purchased together
- Completion of CITB health, safety and environment touch screen test – £21 (Provided by CITB)
- Application fee for CSCS Green Card – £36 (Provided by CSCS)