Undertaking Display Screen Equipment (DSE) online training can ensure correct posture whilst at a workstation or desk, reducing the risk of injury
It’s important that a DSE workstation is set up correctly to ensure that workers don’t start to experience symptoms associated with an incorrect setup such as, headaches, eye strain, upper limb disorders, fatigue, neck or shoulder pain. These symptoms might also be a result of mobile devices being used for extended periods of time.
DSE training will help to reduce these effects by teaching your employees how to set up their equipment correctly for their specific needs.
Get In Touch
Got a question? Get in touch for a free quote and 10 minute consultation
Why is this training so relevant?
The Health and Safety (Display Screen Equipment) Regulations 1992 apply to employers who provide display screen equipment (DSE) for use at work by their employees or self-employed persons working in their undertaking. This training is part of a number of requirements that the employer has to undertake in order to comply with the law. The employer must:
- provide training to employees on the correct use of the workstation and the avoidance of risk from using DSE. (You must also provide information to self-employed persons using DSE which you have provided)
- conduct an analysis (assessment) of the workstations to assess and reduce any risks
- review the assessment if and when the user or DSE changes
- make sure risk controls are in place
- provide eye tests if requested, and provide glasses if the results show they are needed.
Do all my workers need DSE training?
No. Only workers who use DSE for more than one hour per day (classified as a ‘user’) are required to have this training.
What is covered in this DSE training course?
We provide two different training courses which cover the requirements within the regulations for awareness training and DSE assessments. If you are looking for an online DSE assessor training course this can be found here.
This training is required for all workers in your organisation who have been classified as a ‘user’. It provides all the required information needed to properly set up, use and adjust display screen equipment. It also covers the harm that can be experienced if workstations are not setup correctly. The training includes eight modules:
- Introduction to display screen equipment
- Current government legislation
- Protecting your body from injury
- How to properly adjust your chair
- How to properly adjust your display
- Working arrangements and how to adjust them to suit employee needs
- Adjusting your workstation to reduce potential injury
- Improving the work environment to promote good health and safety
What will I receive on completion of the course?
Once completed you will be able to download a copy of your IIRSM Approved dse training certificate. This training certificate can be used to demonstate that a sufficient level of awareness training has been provided and understood. A sample certificate can be found here showing what is included on the certificate.
What is the cost of the display screen equipment?
The DSE training costs £25 per person/licence and can be ordered directly from here.
If you need to provide this training to more than 10 employees, then the following discounts will apply:
10% discount for orders of 10+ courses
15% discount for orders of 25+ courses
20% discount for orders of 50+ courses
30% discount for all orders over 100 courses
Give us a call (07875 53 5558) or contact us if you want to make use of any of these discounts.
Not ready to purchase! no problem, you can try the first module of this and any of our courses for free by registering here.