Completing our DSE assessor training course will equip you with the knowledge to interpret the information provided in a dse assessment
Carrying out a suitable workstation assessment to assess and reduce risks is a key requirement of the Health and Safety (Display Screen Equipment) Regulations 1992 as amended. This training course satisfies these requirements.
Get In Touch
Got a question? Get in touch for a free quote and 10 minute consultation
Who is required to take this training?
Once users have completed their dse online training and are aware of how to set up their workstation correctly, there is now the requirement to carry out a dse assessment of each workstation. This can be achieved by using a dse workstation checklist. Completion of this checklist is fairly straightforward, however interpreting the information and providing solutions to reduce risks presented in the assessment requires a greater understanding of the dse risk assessment process.
This training is therefore aimed at the dse assessor. This person could be a manager, a supervisor or an employee tasked with looking after the dse assessment programme for the organisation. This training will provide the depth of knowledge required to ensure that the assessor can identify risks and provide adequate solutions to reduce risks. The health and safety executive CK1 assessment checklist is used in this training. If your organisation does not currently have a dse workstation assessment form then this can be used.
The training will also cover additional aspects that need to be covered as part of the assessment process but can still be documented on the form.
Note: Although this training is taking the assessor through a readily available checklist, the information provided can be applied to any other assessment form, because it’s the principles of the assessment process and how they are applied that is key.
What is covered in this DSE assessor training course?
This training is presented over fifteen modules (110 minutes) indicating the level of training that will be received. Each module covers a specific area of the assessment process relevant to working with display screen equipment. The modules included are:
- Module 1 – Introduction to DSE Assessments for Risk Assessors
- Module 2 – Current Government Health and Safety Legislation
- Module 3 – Protecting Your Body
- Module 4 – Adjusting Your Chair
- Module 5 – Adjusting Your Screen
- Module 6 – Work Arrangements
- Module 7 – Adjusting the Layout of Your Workstation
- Module 8 – Adjusting Your Work Environment
- Module 9 – Risk Assessment Overview
- Module 10 – Principles of Sensible Risk Management
- Module 11 – Key Health & Safety Legislation
- Module 12 – DSE Hazards and Risks
- Module 13 – DSE Assessments
- Module 14 – Control and Prevention Strategies
- Module 15 – Practical Element
Best strategy for purchasing and using this course
It’s not practical (or necessary) in the majority of organisations to role out this training to all employees and then ask them to complete a dse workstation checklist. A suggested work plan could be as follows:
- Provide each employee with a copy of the HSE CK1 checklist to complete (you can use another checklist if available)
- Ask employees to return the completed checklist to the assigned dse assessor(s) for the organisation
- As a minimum ONLY those assigned as being dse assessors for the organisation need to complete this training
- DSE assessors should use the information provided in the training to interpret the result from the CK1 checklist and provide appropriate control measures to reduce the risks.
What will I receive on completion of the course?
Once completed you will be able to download a copy of your IIRSM Approved dse assessor training certificate. A sample certificate is here indicating the information that will be provided.
What is the cost of the training?
The cost is £35 per person/licence and can be ordered directly from here.
If you need to provide this training to more than 10 employees, then the following discounts will apply:
10% discount for orders of 10+ courses
15% discount for orders of 25+ courses
20% discount for orders of 50+ courses
30% discount for all orders over 100 courses
Give us a call (07875 53 5558) or contact us if you want to make use of any of these discounts.
Not ready to purchase! no problem, you can try the first module of this and any of our courses for free by registering here.
Following the purchase of this training course we will send you free of charge a flow chart detailing how to respond once the dse risk assessment has been completed. Our document has been designed to factor in DSE legal duties and obligations which require employers to carry out an analysis and assessment of the workstation.
As with any type of risk assessment it’s important that the document does not simply get filed, but appropriate action is taken in response. This flow chart allows you to take ksuch action.